So now that we are all back from our ‘sinful holiday’ of over indulgence, it’s time to get back on track and get rid of the toxins in our bodies… to get us feeling rejuvenated and bursting with energy.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO DETOX?
Detoxing or cleansing is the process of removing toxins and poisons from your body. The idea is to eat pure and natural foods that will ensure the proper functioning of the kidneys, and liver.
BENEFITS OF A DETOX?
- Achieve a healthier body
- Develop good eating habits
- Sparkling eyes
- Glowing youthful skin
- Weight loss
- More energy
- Avoid developing chronic illnesses in our later years
THE TWO WEEK DETOX CHALLENGE:
Eliminate the following from your diet for 10 days:
- Sugar – substitute with Xylitol
- Tea, unless it is herbal tea or green tea
- Carbonated Drinks
- Oil - extra-virgin olive oil is a preferred oil
- Wheat/Gluten – this includes breads, pastries, cakes, cookies, crackers, doughnuts, pies, pretzels, and pasta, unless it's the wheat free pasta
- Dairy – Including cheese, milk and butter
- Red Meat
- Salted Nuts
NOTE: If you don’t have the will power to cut out all of the above, try cutting down on them and try eliminating most of them
Add these to your diet for 10 days:
- Fresh fish: Eat any fresh, salmon, tuna, haddock, kingklip etc.
- Fruit: This includes lots of Pawpaw, apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, nectarines, peaches, and melons.
- Vegetables: Eat any vegetables including fresh, frozen or canned in water (without salt added). This includes carrots, turnip, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, corn, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes and cucumber. NO lettuce
- Beans and lentils: Eat any beans, including those that have been dried or canned in water. This includes red kidney, haricot, cannellini, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Rice Pasta
- Rice cakes
- Unsalted nuts
- Unsalted seeds: Eat any, including sunflower and pumpkin.
- Plain popcorn: Eat without sugar or salt
- Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Garlic, ginger and fresh herbs
- Herbal teas
- Water: Drink at least eight glasses of tap or mineral water a day.
- Replace bread with… wheat free cracker bread, rice cakes, corn cakes and Basmati rice
- Replace dairy milk with soy or rice milk
- Replace sugar with Xylitol – found at Dischem pharmacy
Take note before attempting this challenge:
- If you are a processed food and take out junky, you should gradually change to healthier alternatives before attempting this challenge. Incorporate raw fruit and vegetables in your daily diet - let’s not shock the body.
- The not so great detox symptoms include: Headaches and fatigue for the first few days, so don’t bail out… your will power will be tested!
- Remember that you are doing this to break bad eating habits. So after the two weeks, don’t rush into eating all the bad stuff - the truth is that you probably won’t want to after all that effort
Follow the link for a great eating plan http://rawfoodsolution.com/raw-food-diet-recipes/
Get your supplementing on!
BARLEYGREEN - Retails at Dischem Pharmacy for R296.80
KNOWN BENEFITS OF BARLEYGREEN™
- Provides essential nutrients
- Increases energy levels naturally
- Improves digestion and promotes regularity
- Naturally alkalizing
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves hair, skin, and nails
- Provides crucial nutritional support during dieting and cleansing
- Contains anti-inflammatory compounds
- Provides a diversity of antioxidants
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- Helps prevent lipid peroxidation
- Promotes mental clarity
- Helps to prolong our youthful vigor
For further information visit :http://www.barleygreen.com.au/bg_story.htm
THE REAL THING – ZEOLITE POWDER - Retails at Dischem Pharmacy for R107.95
KNOWN BENEFITS OF ZEOLITE POWDER™
- Restore a healthy mineral balance
- Ease irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Maintain the body’s alkaline PH
- Counter side-effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- Fight viruses like herpes zoster and hepatitis
- Reduce hangovers
- Improve skin quality and appearance
SOUNDS TOUGH-BUT SOMETIMES A GIRLS GOTTA DO WHAT A GIRLS GOTTA DO
Feel free to leave a comment below, should you have any queries you may email me on firstname.lastname@example.org